Sunday, October 01, 2006

Homeless Bums

I listened to a man-child speak tonight on 60 minutes. He was in jail for beating a man to death, he and his buddies. They had found a homeless man, and they beat him, left and came back and beat him again, left and returned again. They beat him until he was dead. He had done nothing. They did not know him. They gained no material advantage by killing him. When asked why, he could not explain. Words came tumbling out about fun, and excitement, and entertainment.

They say that violence begets violence. I don't believe it's that simple. As I listened to the boy speak, I heard no remorse. The only thing he could see, that was wrong, was that he was in jail, that he got caught. I wonder if he has a soul. I wonder if he can be reclaimed. I wonder if we should even bother.

Some of you who read this will say, "more violence is not the answer." I think, perhaps, that you are wrong. When you have weeds in the garden, you don't fertilize them. You pull them up and toss them out. We should pull these people from the company of mankind, put them in dark places, feed them bread and water, and wait until they die. If they repent, so be it. May it bring solace to their souls as they waste away and rot...in the dark...cold, hungry, and alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home